The 50+ senior adult ministry of Church of Christ at The Colonies exists for the purpose of providing Christ-centered activities addressing the spiritual, educational and social needs of men and women in the second half of life.
Senior adults are respected as active, vital members of the church. Our objective is not to isolate senior adults, but to integrate their gifts and energies for the benefit of the entire church family as they share the love of Christ.
The Primetimers Ministry Is:
- A ministry of Christian Fellowship maintaining the cohesiveness of the church family.
- A ministry of Christian Encouragement reinforcing the value of each individual to God and to the church family.
- A ministry of Christian Friendship building positive fulfilling relationships.
- A ministry of Christian Compassion providing physical, emotional and spiritual support.
- A ministry of Christian Outreach not limiting our focus to members of the local congregation but responding to all people as we have opportunity to share the love of Christ.
BIBLE CLASSES: Our Primetimers are encouraged to participate in an adult Bible class each Sunday at 9:30am.
CONCERTS: Concerts are offered several times a year to the community. These concerts are sponsored by Primetimers.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: There are many volunteer opportunities available with our Primetimers. Some include, homebound ministry, home repairs ministry and nursing home ministry.
TRAVEL: Day trips are popular outings scheduled several times each year. There are so many interesting sights to be seen and experiences to enjoy within our own community or within driving distance. Individual cost is kept to a minimum and varies depending upon the nature of the trip. (Bus trips are available occasionally for those interested in longer excursions.)
FELLOWSHIP: Special events such as, game night, Valentine’s banquets, musical concerts and comedy nights are planned several times throughout the year.
If you are interested in learning more about our Primetimers ministry, contact the church office at 806-355-7303 or Darrell Bledsoe at email@example.com.
“The Best Is Yet To Come!”