Grace – God’s Favor toward the unworthy.
Grace – the free and undeserved assistance from God.
Grace – God’s unmerited favor
Grace – Kindness from God that we don’t deserve.
Grace – Enables us to live an abundant life in Jesus Christ.
- Why is there bickering within the church, between coworkers, with family members and with friends?
- Why do people who all love the Lord make choices that lead to such heartache between groups of people?
If we hope to grow strong in GRACE we must develop a deeper, more personal appreciation for what Christ did on the cross.
His love for us is unconditional and we did not EARN his Grace.
“Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. Colossians 3:13
Just as we don’t deserve God’s forgiveness, someone you know may not deserve yours. It doesn’t matter: We are still commanded to forgive them.
- There is no middle ground with forgiveness. We either apply God’s grace or we follow a road toward bitterness.
- We must forgive our spouse, children, fellow staff, members of the church and friends when they fail. They will most certainly fail. Each of us have a leadership role in the church and we have endured some very difficult experiences that could have led us to hold a grudge or develop bitterness.
- Hebrews 12:15 “See to it that no one misses the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many”
Remember when you have been wronged that God shows us Grace which we don’t deserve. Give up the grudge and bitterness. Forgive. The stakes are too high -if we fail at giving grace then we are charting a path to pain and heartache for YOURSELF, not others.